How do I obtain a certified copy of my marriage certificate?

Broward county court sealA certified copy of any marriage license that has been issued by the Broward County Clerk of Courts from 1915 thru the present may be obtained in person at: 201 S.E. 6th Street, Room 270, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

As an added convenience, a certified copy of any marriage license that was issued by the Broward Clerk of the Courts from 1998 through the present may be obtained from one of the One Stop Satellite Locations in Plantation, Hollywood and Deerfield Beach, from the main courthouse located in Fort Lauderdale (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM) or from the Rick Case Honda location (TUESDAYS ONLY, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM).

The information required is:

  • The marriage license must have been obtained in Broward County
  • Name of both parties (spouse 1 and spouse 2) at the time of the application
  • Date of the marriage
  • For those years prior to 1972, if you need this for Social Security as proof of age, you must also request a copy of the application.
  • Costs of the copies are $5.00 for the first copy and $3.00 for each additional copy.

*Acceptable forms of payment:

  • Checks – Attorney Firm, Personal, Business, Cashiers and Travelers made payable to the Clerk of Courts (mail only)
  • Money Orders – U.S. and International (in person and by mail)
  • Credit Cards – MasterCard and Visa (in person only)

* The One Stop Division locations will accept cash, credit cards, and money orders only (Personal or Business checks are not accepted at One Stop locations). The Marriage Division, located at the main courthouse, will accept cash, credit cards or money orders.

You may obtain a copy through the mail by sending the necessary information to:

Marriage Division
201 S.E. 6th Street, Room 270
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

We request that you include a check made payable to the Clerk of Courts in the appropriate amount and a stamped self addressed business envelope. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for a response.

If you are looking for a Marriage Officiant or Justice of the Peace Click here